• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Arcam avr550 centre lift?

jako999

Established Member
Hi all
When watching a film sometimes the voice, centre is a bit low, can you increase its level from the remote whilst still watching the film?
Thanks

StefanBFC

Distinguished Member
Hi all
When watching a film sometimes the voice, centre is a bit low, can you increase its level from the remote whilst still watching the film?
Thanks

Just up the db of the centre speaker in the levels menu

D

Deleted member 39241

Do you mean low in volume or low in audio placement? If placement then Dirac should resolve that.

jako999

Established Member
Sorry a bit thick about all this, Dirac is set up ok and most things are fine it seems to be more on Netflix when watching a film with or without Atmos it seems hard to hear the voice Chane. I just want a way of just upping the voice whilst watching the film then back down again after with out having to go into the set up.
Thanks

D

Deleted member 39241

The quickest, and possibly only way, is to go into the main speaker levels and increase the level of the centre speaker.

RobWoolsey

Novice Member
If you’ve got full Dirac live setup file, you can alter the gain just for the centre channel across voice frequency range. The Dirac if properly measured should sort that out for you though, as it measures the signal through the channel before amplification. I.e. it shouldn’t affect one source and not another?

The UMIK 1 calibration mic cost and time to set up is worth the effort. I got much better calibration than the box included/ standard mic; transforms the sound placement and balance.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom