Question Arcam AVR400 problem

grantmc3

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I’ve had an Arcam AVR400 for 6 years. A few nights ago it popped and I’ve lost the sound. I get white noise which is quite loud and hear ‘bumping’ when I change the volume level

I have a ticket open with Arcam but have only received the standard email reply

Does anyone know the likely cost of repair for this ?

I am keen to get it fixed as it’s in perfect exterior condition and I have really enjoyed having it

Any other suggestions other that taking the repair hit ? Replacing it will be around £2k so happy to pay 2/300 to get fixed

Thoughts and advice welcome

Thanks

Last edited:
Replying to my own question for future reference. £460 for a standard repair. Ouch ! Take the hit or save for an AVR550 at £2,200.

No system until I take either option.... no happy ☹️

Hmm, based on my experience with AVR300 and AVR350 models,any unusual sound while changing volume were caused by dodgy capacitors in power supply for digital circuit.I believe your amp do gets hot, same like mentioned models, so yes, I suspect hardware problem but their price for repair is unreal.Any electronics repair shops in your area?

Every call I’ve made has resulted in directing me to Arcam. It’s likely to need a board replacement. They do inspect the device and give a 1 year guarantee on labour and parts

Thanks for the lead stranger, I’ve sent off an inquiry with them. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom