For Sale Arcam AVR400 in immaculate condition

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Matt V, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Matt V

Matt V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Arcam AVR400 in immaculate condition and perfect working order, very well looked-after in a smoke, pet and child-free environment, kept in a well-ventilated cabinet. In the final months of its warranty (last summer), it went into Arcam for repair via Superfi - a problem with the CD input was fixed, it was fully tested, and fresh capacitors were swapped in, giving the amp a completely new lease of life, so it really is pretty much as good as new. This can be verified with Arcam via the serial number, or I can share the email chain.

I also have the original box, packaging, mic, remote control, instructions etc.

Photos to follow, however I thought I’d get the ad up early for all you Xmas shoppers ;)

It’s a fantastic amp, however the purchase of a new OLED means an upgrade to HDMI 2.0 is required for my 4K / HDR sources, so I've purchased a new receiver.

Ideally the unit would be inspected / collected from my flat in London Bridge (2 mins from the station with free off-street parking). Alternatively, you are welcome to arrange your preferred courier collection from my home address, as long as it includes insurance for the sale value of the amp.

Price and currency: £350
    Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
    Payment method: BT, PayPal or Cash
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. shaf1667

shaf1667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello have you had any issues with over heating, i recently had to return one i bought on ebay, after an hour it was very hot after 2 hours it was very uncomfortable to touch.

3. Matt V

Matt V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, not overheating no, but the top of the amp can get quite hot during operation. I guess you might be worried about that if you had kids around, but even then it's not exactly scalding. I believe it's quite typical for A/B amps.

In any case, I think I'm going to keep it now until the next generation of Arcam receivers are released.

Mods please close the thread - thanks.

4. 69COU

69COU

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    If you change your mind on selling this do get in touch as could be interested. I just want to play around with my set up slightly. I am assuming it is the same one you bought on forum For Sale - Arcam AVR400. Cheers P

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018