Arcam AVR350 - anyone do A-B demos against current crop of receivers ?

Buckster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really struggling decision wise here

had a demo of a Pioneer LX70, Onkyo 875 and Arcam AVR350 (no-where to demo a Yamaha 3800 nearby) and whilst all sounded very good - the Arcam did sound rather special - thing is I've not managed to get demos of each at the same place (anyway it takes ages to setup), and AV setups are very room dependant and speaker dependant ...

so I'm just asking if anyone has had proper A-B comparisons to the likes of any of these amps - or any of the newer Denons like 3808, 4306 etc ?

I have a Pioneer 2011 at the moment, and do use the RoomEQ features - but I do wonder whether part of it is to tweak not that great sound in the first place?

money burning in my pocket and really really stuck between the Pioneer, Yamaha and Arcam. I'm an electronic engineer and peered through the grills of the LX70 (not impressed), seen internal photos of the Yamaha (looks ok), but from looking through the grill of the Arcam it looks rather special -much higher quality.

Would be connected to a PS3

Not one of the models you mention, but I upgraded to the AVR350 from a Denon 3805, which did use room correction, which seemed pretty impressive.

Put it this way - I thought I'd miss the room correction, but I don't. The Arcam sounds better without it than the Denon did with it.

I upgraded from an Onkyo 805 to my AVR350 and haven't looked back.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom