1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam AVR300; Vertical lines on CRT screen

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by globe125, Jun 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. globe125

globe125
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm wondering if somebody came across the following problem with AVR 300. If my Sony DVD player connected through 3 component cable directly to Sony CRT TV picture is excellent. However if DVD player connected through the AVR 300, using the same type of connection, TV displays a number of vertical lines. This problem is very well seen on top and bottom black stripes of letterbox picture; it appears as a set of grayish lines (roughly 8 of them) with regular interval on black background.

Thank you in advance,

Globe125

2. RumNYC

RumNYC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have seen a lot of 'noise' in the component output of the dvr300, and gone back to connecting all video directly. specifically i would see a bunch for horizontal static lines sometimes when changeing the HQVideo input source. More strangely(worrying), i would see those lines appear for 2-3 secs when changing the volume. In the end i ended up giving up altogather, and hooking up directly to my tv using DVI and HDMI.

3. seanb724

seanb724

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is due to having OSD on when using non-480i inputs. I.e. the avr 300 does not support on screen display when the input is 480p, 720p, or 1080i. Kind of a bummer but that's the way it goes, I guess. Maybe this is something that could be fixed in firmware someday?? :)

/Sean

4. globe125

globe125
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, not really, mine shows lines with no progressive scan turned on. It is really looks like 100 Hz or 120 Hz noise coming from power outlet... I was able to reduce it a bit (not eliminate completely) by re-arranging interconnect cables and separating power cords from DVD and AVR into different outlets

5. AdamO

AdamO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a strikingly similar issue with my barely month old set-up -- but perpexingly intermittent. I get horizontal static lines that flicker across my Sony 50" rear projection lcd for about 2-3 secs when changing the volume on my Arcam AVP700. :( Dreading the prospect that solving this issue will require some of the same troubleshooting voodoo needed to eliminate ground loops.

6. seanb724

seanb724

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is probably due to having OSD on for anything other than 480i. At least that was the cause of my issue a long time ago. What is happening is the arcam is trying to overlay the volume display on the 480p, 720p, or 1008i signal, but it can only overlay with 480i.

/Sean