1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam AVR300 suitable for AE1 Mk111's ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Comical2, Aug 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Comical2

Comical2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone! :hiya:

My first post on this site (and WOW what an awesome site) like many I need some vital assistanace from someone. I have recently bought all my kit. A lot of humin and ahing, but almost there.

I wanting to buy the Arcam AVR300, this will accompany the Arcam DV79 well, but is this a good move for my AE1 Mk111's?. I need to make sure. Does it work with these speakers, no surround just the 2 AE's?

I may also punt for a Rel Subwoofer Stampede for that extra thud for the movies?
    Thanks in advance!

Comical2 :lease:

2. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Hi and welcome to the site :hiya:

The Arcam AVR300 is a brilliant bit of kit and would obviously be a perfect partner to your DV79.

But to be honest only using 2 speakers for movies ect. on this setup would be like having a Ferrari and driving around on 1 wheel :D

The AE's would work well with the AVR300 but you really would have to think about getting some speakers for the surrounds ect.

If you look on the SUBWOOFER section on this site you will find better equiped people to give you advice. Personally I have'nt heard a sub that can match the SVS range performence/price.

Jack

PS Just so people know that Im being fair I have a Arcam AVR300 in the classifieds.

3. Comical2

Comical2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply, at least with this I can always add some Monitors Radius for example at a later date. How about £900 for your AVR300? :D

Going to take my speakers to Sevenoaks on Sat to test AVR300 along with DV79.
    Should be very impressed as they also have the Pioneer XDE.

Regards

Gregg

4. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Hi Gregg.

This will have to be dealt with HERE :)