1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam AVR300 please give me your feedback

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by kid rock, Jan 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kid rock

kid rock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am doing an article for an in house university hifi magazine on the above. Whilst I will be giving the Arcam a very positive thumbs up I would like to get some feedback on what upgrades and additions you have made to improve the performance of the stereo sound of the unit. It doesnt have to be confined to upgrades or additions of Arcam kit but any other manufacturer will also do. eg have you added any preamps, stereo amps or power amps to the front and what if any effect has this had on the sound ? Just to get the ball rolling I have added an Arcam a90- biamped to the front and feel that the stereo performance of the unit is now not just good but very good -better imaging and a better more solid bass ,no clipping at highish volumes. I am now thrilled with the sound of cds in direct stereo.

Anyway let me know.

Kid Rock :lease:

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I've added a P90 to my AVR300 for the stereo fronts and CDs from my CD73 sound fantastic now - certainly far, far better than anything I've had before.

John

3. davehk

davehk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I'm using the third variation - AVR300 + P90 biamped on the fronts, with the AVR driving the bottom end and the P90 the mid/top. Very pleased with it in stereo direct from my delta70.2 CD player.

4. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have an AVR300 and use external amps for power: an Arcam Alpha 10 Integrated for L/R, Alpha 10P/3 for center & side surr., and Alpha 9P for rear surr. I do not bi-amp as I have Dynaudios which can't be bi-amped. The Alpha amps provide a much smoother, more refined sound with better mid/bass response. I use Transparent Audio speaker cables and interconnects to hook things up. For stereo playback I always use the direct mode on the AVR.

5. barnythebear

barnythebear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Gone down a similar route to those above. Added a P25/3 for front 3 channels so could biamp with great effect. AV300 was good biamping with 6/7 but this was a significant sound improvement. When in stereo direct gives a great sound for and AV amp and it seems to run much cooler.