1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam AVR300 fans under heat sink...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gfforce3, Jun 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. gfforce3

gfforce3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Hello everyone,
    I was just wondering? I bought a Arcam AVR300 receiver and had it for 2 month now. After watching movies and or listening to music the receiver gets pretty hot by feeling it on top. There are 2 fans on the bottom of the heat sink and notice that the fans are not on? Is there something I need to do, or does the fans come on and off as it goes? Can anyone fill me in on this, that would be great.

Thanks gfforce3...

2. chrisp1

chrisp1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I understand it the fans on the AVR300 only come on in extreme circumstances - I think I heard a figure of 85 degrees celsius (almost boiling point) quoted. Sounds like your unit is working fine - most owners seem to complain because the fans come on at too low a temperature!.

I'm not an expert on this, as I own a Harman Kardon unit, but I've researched the Arcam as I was considering swapping over after hearing all the rave reviews, so I hope my info is correct.

Hope this helps.

3. gfforce3

gfforce3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chrisp1, that is what I thought as well. Wouldn't make any sense at all if the fans are running all the time. Yes I had a Marantz and it was great untile I discover the Arcam which blew my mind! I would consider getting it!!!

Once again thanks gfforce3