1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam AVR300 + audiolab 4000P power amp?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by glimball, Nov 8, 2004.

Tags:
  1. glimball

glimball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: I'm a total newbie to forums of any kind and also to home cinema (I have an all-in-one Sony HT at the moment)! I have an unused (it's a long story)Audiolab 8000P power amp and a trusty old 8000A as well. I have been out of the hifi game for many years and am about to buy an Arcam AVR300 receiver, Infocus 7205 projector, and speakers chosen from Kef Q7 AV, Monitor Audio 10 av, Tannoy Sensys or similar.

If I use the 8000P to power the front two channels will this give me a better audio performance? Is the 8000A simply redundant?

Any coments on speakers and choice of DVD or DVD recorder would be very welcome as well.

2. barnythebear

barnythebear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I certainly noticed a difference when I added an Arcam p25/3. Better bass etc. Not sure of the kit your talking about best thing to do is try it and see. Need to check the gains, the AV300 is 31db.

3. glimball

glimball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Barneythevbear - thanks for reply - have now bought AVR300 / DV79 and Monitor Audio GR20 / GR centre / SFX / FB210 and will try the sound for a while before dabbling.