Quantcast

Arcam AVR300- 5 star review What Hifi

rkb

Hi
June04 edition of What Hifi has a "First Test" of the Arcam AVR300. They think it's a stunner and rated it as 5 stars.

Seems it's on a par with the best receivers out there for movies and significantly better for music. I'm looking forward to hearing it for myself.

Regards
rkb

Dfour

I would love to hear it :D but im not gonna get one. Maybe one in the eye for pioneer/Denon et al.

zamwessell

I just bought one and love it.

It is an excellent buy.

I actually prefer it to my old Denon AVC-A1SE....go figure.

RaceTripper

Standard Member
zamwessell said:
I just bought one and love it.

It is an excellent buy.

I actually prefer it to my old Denon AVC-A1SE....go figure.
Ditto. Traded up to it from AVR200. It's been great so far. Sounds awesome. Great set of features.

Dean

Barend

Novice Member
Please bear in mind that this was not a FULL review...after a few months Whathifi or any other medium seems to find something to grope about after all.

In that respect I value the forum members' opinions no less than WhatHifi.
Therefore my question:

How do you value the stereo performance of the AVR-300?
Bass, mids, highs, soundstage depth etc.?
What Hifi says it compares to the A65 if I remember correctly, but what do they mean?

I did order an AVR300 but I doubt if it'll ever come, since they offered it for only 1265 Euro which can't be correct IMO, although they stuck to the offer as correct when I phoned...
So I may end up with my "humble" AVR5550 by HK, which sounds good, but I still wonder if somebody has anything to say about the expected musicality of the AVR300?

Barend

W

Wingnut

Barend said:
I did order an AVR300 but I doubt if it'll ever come, since they offered it for only 1265 Euro which can't be correct IMO, although they stuck to the offer as correct when I phoned...
Where did you order it for 1265 Euro?

Barend

Novice Member
Shop in Holland, suppose no use to you...
What I expect is there'll be AVR-200 on the box when I pick it up...
Will keep this forum posted on my Quest !
Some of the Dutch dealers are kinda ignorant, one Arcam dealer near me suggested I should take the 200 as it was much cheaper and it was practically identical...
Barend

chris

Barend said:
Shop in Holland, suppose no use to you...
What I expect is there'll be AVR-200 on the box when I pick it up...
Will keep this forum posted on my Quest !
Some of the Dutch dealers are kinda ignorant, one Arcam dealer near me suggested I should take the 200 as it was much cheaper and it was practically identical...
Barend
:laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like a good dealer......

W

Wingnut

Barend said:
Well, if I come to pick it up and there's a real 300 in the box I won't say no!
Barend
...Yeah, and run for the door! :smashin:

Does anyone know the availability of the AVR300 in the UK, I think I read a post saying that there's so many orders that one ordered now would be delivered in September! :eek: