• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Arcam AVR250 and B&W MT30 compatability?

SlinkDaddy

Would these go well together? This represents the very top end of my budget (collectively about £2.5k). I like the Arcam because of the good stereo (i have a pair of b&w floorstanders for stereo if needs be) and having a fairly small room i'm not overly keen on large speakers (thats really the other half talking). The 75w output of the Arcam will be plenty aswell.

Is there anything else i should consider? Naturally i'm gonna get a demo anyway but wondered what i should try as a comparison.

PS sorry for starting another 'Please tell me what to buy thread'.

sjackson

what about the AVR350 and Quad Lites? Or getting a matching center, rears and sub to go with the current pair you have.

Thats what I've gone for (Lites & AVR350), but not set them all up yet.

SlinkDaddy

Although i have the floor standers i'm not sure i'll get to use them in the living room cos its taken some covincing to get the my other half to agree that a new 5.1 setup was a good idea (had to show her the small speaker kits to convince her). The Arcam just gives me the option of using them. I dont really think for the room its going in i could stretch to the 350 and would probably be wasting it with the MT30s or equivalent.

How sad am i? I always said i'd just put my foot down when it came to choosing AV stuff. I'm getting spineless!

sjackson

mhsslinky said:
Although i have the floor standers i'm not sure i'll get to use them in the living room cos its taken some covincing to get the my other half to agree that a new 5.1 setup was a good idea (had to show her the small speaker kits to convince her). The Arcam just gives me the option of using them. I dont really think for the room its going in i could stretch to the 350 and would probably be wasting it with the MT30s or equivalent.

How sad am i? I always said i'd just put my foot down when it came to choosing AV stuff. I'm getting spineless!

I think the AVR250 is about £1000 and the MT30 was about £1500, where as the AVR350 is £1500 and the Lites are about £800, so it could work out a bit cheaper.

One poster in the Arcam forum (a few forums down below) has the AVR350 with the new Kef eggs, so that could be another suggestion.

It seems that peoples opinions of the AVR350 sound quility are very good, and it's apparently a lot better than the AVR300.

Recommend you have a good read of the Arcam forum down below.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom