1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam AVR200 vs Alpha 10 DAVE

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by lmccauley, Mar 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    OK, not that I should be thinking about spending more money at the moment but, theoretically, how would an AVR200 compare against an Alpha 10 + DAVE (&10P3)? What about AVR200 + P85/3 vs DAVE?

'Cause, er, I've got a friend that is thinking of upgrading... Also, how much would I, er he, be likely to get as a trade in on the DAVE system?

And finally, would I be better off going for a Denon 3802 instead of the AVR200, if I was going to add an 85P/3?

Cheers,
    Liam

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Liam,
    From what i've been told the AVR200 is no match for the 3082. The reviews it has received have been poor,so i would say the 3082 is the one to go for

Sean

3. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Just a point of fact - so far the reviews we have had on the AVR200 and that I am aware of have been very good - 5/5 in Hi Fi Choice, 4/5 in Home Ent and 5/5 in a DVD title whose name escapes me this morning.

If there are others (good or bad) please let me know.

Liam - you know you need an AV8 - talk to me :)

John Dawson (Arcam)

4. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I heard the AVR200 a while ago, and wasn't too impressed. In stereo CD playback, fine the amp was okay, and the bass management seemed to be better than the AVR100 (I didn't get a chance to see the menu's, but the amp had a more controlled sound than the AVR100). The Denon 3802 mentioned by Sean can be had for less, though, and offers much more in terms of AV performance. It isn't too bad in stereo either. Neither is good as a full DAVE setup, but then they cost less than half the price, too. Personally, I would save up for a pre/power or save some money get the Denon 11SR or new Marantz (9200?)

Russell

5. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    La-la-la! I'm not listening!

The only way an AV8 is coming through my door is if you take pity on me and give me one.

Now excuse me whilst I put my fingers back in my ears.

La-la-la!