Arcam AVR20 weird problem with Logitech Harmony

derkemi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
i recently changed my Onkyo Receiver to an Arcam AVR20.

Since years i use the Logitech Harmony with the Harmony Hub to control my equipment.

First thing when configuring the AVR20 with Harmony is that it knows the receiver but has no power on/off switch included for the actions, so i used the AVR 550 for switch on and off.

My actions work now normally, the receiver is switch on correctly, input is selected correctly and also switch off.

But the problem is the receiver freezes in standby-mode from time to time (every week 1-3 times). I have to switch it off and on to make it work again.

I contacted the Arcam Support here in Austria and they told me they never had a problem like that with the receiver and suggested to not use the Harmony for some time.

So i only used the AVR20 remote control to switch it on and off. I tried that 2-3 weeks and no freeze.

Connected the Harmony again and freezing again.

Anyone had that problem and maybe know a solution?

Have you tried teaching the harmony the power on / off command from the original AVR20 remote?

I have the same issue with the AVR20 - Harmony did not include a command to start the AVR20.

You can add this command to Harmony. However I just can’t get it to turn off the Arcam. Any thoughts?

Changing the "HDMI Bypass & IP" setting within HDMI settings might fix the freeze for you.

Hi,

I have the same issue with de Harmony and AVR20. Is the problem as described above solved and what might the solution be then?

Hope somebody can help me out.

Same problem with AVR30 and Harmony Hub. Also tried to teach the Hub the commands but doesn't seem to work. Am in dialogue with Logitech support. Will post again if I get any joy

See below. This sorted out my AVR30

From a post on AVSForum:

I posted that in the other thread. As stated above, manually pressing on and off for the Arcam in Harmony does work. It appears that Harmony wasn't even sending a command to Arcam until I changed the settings per below. Very odd.

Go into Harmony Setup/Devices/Arcam/Power/next and select the two button option. For ON, I have it press on twice in a row (one may work, mine was inconsistent until I did twice). For OFF, I have it press off once.

In the MENU settings on the Arcam I have:
General- control options - IP
General - power on - On
HDMI- CEC Control - Output1
HDMI - Power Off Control - Off
Engineering- Standby Mode- Auto

Same problem with AVR30 and Harmony Hub. Also tried to teach the Hub the commands but doesn't seem to work. Am in dialogue with Logitech support. Will post again if I get any joy
Very simple solution. Modify the power on and power off options for the Arcam device and set 2 different commands for power on and off when prompted. Everything will then be perfect in all activities. Arcam will turn on and off as it should. With initial automatic set up there is no power on or power off command being sent to Arcam in any Activities, but the commands are present in Devices. Just simply choose to add them, and make sure you say different button for on/off, otherwise unit will turn on, but not off.

See post 14135. Sorted mine

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom