Arcam avr 550 throughput HDMI

KEEFYPOOLE

Novice Member
Hi I changed to an arcam 550 back in the spring but have only just started to sort out the av side of it. I previously had an Onkyo 4k av amp which had throughput HDMI which allowed me watch sat or cable tv without switching on the unit. Is the Arcam going to be the same because it has something called ARC and so does the LG OLED556EV tv. The Arcam manual is one of the worst manuals i have ever seen and does not really tell you much and why is it printed in landscape and the size thickness of a telephone book. poor show on that Acam.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Is the Arcam going to be the same
With the correct settings, it will pass the last used input only. There is no option to switch HDMI inputs in standby as I believe some can do.

ARC (Audio Return Channel) is for sending audio from the TV back to the amp via it's Display input, which is another whole world of pain. It has nothing to do with what you're asking.

naturallyintelligent1

Novice Member
Hi, i have AVR-550 as well. So far it has been working well with Sony Bravia on ARC HDMI.
I just bought LG hu80ka 4k projector which also has HDMI ARC.
Wondering how to connect both the TV AND the projector to Arcam AVR and use ARC capabilities?
AVR 550 has two Output HDMI points, but only one supports ARC.
Any add on connectors out there to make it work?

Thanks

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Hi, i have AVR-550 as well. So far it has been working well with Sony Bravia on ARC HDMI.
Wondering how to connect both the TV AND the projector to Arcam AVR and use ARC capabilities?

Thanks
Probably best asked on the main owners thread.

naturallyintelligent1

Novice Member
Sure, will do.
Thanks

Probably best asked on the main owners thread.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member

Thanks
As you say, the AVR550, like every receiver, only supports ARC from a single output device.

A source that was connected to the projector could not be watched on the TV, and ARC is only concerned with the audio for such as case. Since you presumably intend to route your sources through the AVR so that you can select to view them on the TV or the projector, the lack of dual ARC support is not likely to be a serious impediment.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom