Arcam AVR 300 or Rotel 1066 / 1075 in terms of sound quality

R

RobertK

I currently own a Rotel RSP1066 and 1075 and am reasonably happy with it but I am always on the lookout for an upgrade.

I have been offered the opportunity to swap my rotel for an Arcam 300.

I know the Arcam has more processing modes etc than the Rotel but my question is this...

purely based upon sound quality in a 5.1 and 2 ch (not 6.1/7.1) environment - can anyone offer a comparison of the two ?

I would be using the Arcam in 5.1 mode which would enable me to biamp my Monitor Audio Silver fronts (I understand this offers a big stereo improvement?)

Any advice / guidance would be really appreciated...

Thanks

dts_boy

personally i think your current rotel setup would offer better performance in music to a integrated amp, even against the big beasts like top end denons and the like. i went from a denon a1se (in the old days) to a pre/power combo and haven't looked back since. sure, integrated options offer more functionality but ask yourself if you need it - i don't so will stay with the pre-power route until there is a true single box equivalent and having tried a lexicon rv8 recently my parasound pre/power still sounded better with music

R

RobertK

Thanks for that....it's pretty much what I thought, but some Arcam fans led me to believe the arcam biamped for stereo was a match for some highly regarded stereo only amps......

S

skinnyfat

RobertK said:
Any more views please ?
My personal opinion - Stick with the Rotel. Nothing wrong with the Arcam just that although the rotel doesn't have as many processing modes it is a better processor and the power amp of the Rotel is IMO a bit better than the Arcam's, better enough to nullify the bi-amping idea

R

RobertK

Does anybody have any experience of using a stereo preamp in a home cinema pre / power setup ? I am thinking maybe routing the home cinema channels through the pre amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom