• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Arcam AVR-250 and iPhone?

SP00KY

Is it possible to hook up an iPhone 3GS to the Arcam AVR-250? If so is there any particular dock that might make it easy? How things change in a very short time.... ;)

mossym

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

mossym

Distinguished Member
sorry, this is the iphone version of the wadia product, don't think the other one supports iphone

171i

SP00KY

Thanks for that. What sort of connection would this use, as I only remember the Arcam having phono style inputs and not the smaller inputs I usually see on things like mp3 players, etc.

mossym

Distinguished Member
Thanks for that. What sort of connection would this use, as I only remember the Arcam having phono style inputs and not the smaller inputs I usually see on things like mp3 players, etc.

for the apple one, you need a 3.5mm to twin phono cable, paces like maplin should have one

for the wadia one, you need an S/PDIF cable, can't remember if it is optical or dig coax

SP00KY

Thanks again. Wadia don't seem to be widely available - are there any other nice looking docks that could be considered? The wife wants a dock to play her music - I thought using the existing system might sound better and be quite a bit cheaper than a decent speaker dock....

SP00KY

WOW - £550 for the Wadia 171i - for a dock..... It might not make the list of possible options.... ;)

Does anyone have any other options, as that seems ridiculous.

mossym

Distinguished Member
WOW - £550 for the Wadia 171i - for a dock..... It might not make the list of possible options.... ;)

Does anyone have any other options, as that seems ridiculous.

yeah it is ridiculously expensive, but digital music from the ipodis pretty new and is expensive.

is there something wrong with the apple one i linked to? that's pretty cheap

SP00KY

That might be the way to go - I'll have a look around when I am next at the shops. She will want to simply pop it into a dock and play the music - ideally it will charge at the same time.

Druboo

these assume arcam don't have their own dock, which they quite possible could

Indeed they do Google Arcam IR dock ;)

SP00KY

I didn't spot that when I looked on their site - cheers! Has anyone used one of these and would there be any potential problems with using it on the AVR-250?

Edit: Done some more reading and it looks good and should be fine with my old amp as far as I can see. If anyone has any feedback about this product or others that should be considered then please let me know.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom