1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam AVR 200 Vs Denon 3802 + rest

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pwoody, Mar 17, 2002.

Tags:
  1. pwoody

pwoody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have narrowed my search down to either of these amps. I have an Arcam AV50 & 8P power amp fed by a Micromega stage 2 CD and Sony 735 DVD player(using 6channel output). Speakers are Ruark Talisman 2's. Just hera both of them in stereo and still can't make up my mind. Denon sounds smoother wereas Arcam had punchier bass. Thing is I have yet to read anything compehensive on the Arcam AVR200 regarding its AV performance except for the poor reviews of the AVR100 which is holding me back. I would welcome any thoughts on this!

2. mrblue

mrblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HIFICHOICE gave it a good review in this aprils edition {5 stars}:)

3. Steve_Nuth

Steve_Nuth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a full demo of the Arcam avr200 today and it was very impressive both musically AND for home cinema. If you are not worried about having 7 speakers filling up your room It does 5.1 dolby digital and dts very well.
    I tested mostly CD's of varied styles and it performed admirably altough I haven't tested anything else in that price range.

I used the opening battle scene of Gladiator and the dts soundtrack was great. That sequence shows off both the surround dynamics and the orchestral score brilliantly and is an ideal disc to use as a reference.
    The arcam seemed to do the job very well and I could not find a fault with it!