Arcam AVP700/AVR300 or Other

KAZER

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking to purchase a new AV amp/processor to replace my trusty old Yamaha DSP A1.

SO the question is do I buy the Arcam AVP700 which for the time being would have to be used with my existing power amp (Rotel) or do I go for the AVR300.

Or

What else should I put on my auditioning list for a similar amount of money??

Thanks

Kazer

you might like to add the avr250. its a bit cheaper but some people (including me) prefer the sound to the avr300. that is, if you can live without the preouts.

mr_seanstanley said:
you might like to add the avr250. its a bit cheaper but some people (including me) prefer the sound to the avr300. that is, if you can live without the preouts.

Can't quite understand why the sound would be any different as i thought they should sound the same but just one being abit more powerful and maybe a few more connections :confused:

don't know why they sound different, i felt at the time the avr250 sounded slightly slightly more natural than the 300. Perhaps due to my wallet whispering in my ear! Although having said all this the thing has just started to turn itself off for no reason again (faulty power supply according to arcam last time.) Looks like its back to the dealer again...

Hi,

Thanks for the replies guys but I have decided that I am going to save up a bit more (until Christmas) and audition the following any feedback would be appreciated.

Arcam AVP700/P7 at a stretch :eek:
Denon AVC-A11XV
Marantz SR9600

Will put my thoughts down once I have auditioned all for any others in a similar position.

:D

Cheers

Kazer

Seeing as you have a Rotel power amp why not try a Rotel processor or receiver? RSX-1056 is about the same price as an AVR300. I think an RSP-1068 is a similar price too.

Given you have the poweramp already I would look at AVP700, perhaps the Rotel as suggested, Parasounds New Classic line etc. Dedicated audio processing is going to give you far better surround performance than an integrated AV Amp ever will, no matter how many bells and whistles (auto setup etc) it has. Not much can replace a quality power amp, partnered to a quality processor.

Can't beat Rotel separates 1068/1098 & 1075/1095. Knocks spots off Arcam for clarity and grip. I love them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom