Arcam Av9/toshiba Xa1/connections

mors

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for some help if possible.I have just bought an XA1 and hoooked up via 5.1 analogue for sound and HDMI for picture but getting no sound or picture.I connected to DVDA/SACD input on AV9,is this correct?XA1 seems to be playing ok and has recognised an HDDVD.Nothing on screen at all,despite showing set-up on XA1.Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your interest ,I am just not seeing anything at all on screen,no set-up menu,nothing.Connections seem ok.Any thoughts?

DOesn't the AV9 output its menu on all video outputs except HDMI.

DOesn't the AV9 output its menu on all video outputs except HDMI.

Correct the AV9 will not display menus via HDMI (I use a single composite video cable for this) but it will obviously pass through the menus/ picture from the HD-DVD player.

Probably a daft question mors, but are you selecting the video and audio sources separately on the AV9? Ie
Video: DVD (or whatever HDMI input you have used)
Audio: Multi-channel input

The AV9 will pass through full 1080p so, provided your display can accept it, there is no need to reduce it to 1080i/ 720p.

Just managed to get set-up menu on screen.I will see how it goes from here!

Progress,of sorts,now have picture but no sound.Have XA1 connected to tape HDMI input on AV9 an then select tape on AV9 remote to no avail.Have speakers set to large on XA1 set-up menu, not sure what db to set at,not using a subwoofer.Any help would be appreciated.

As Greggles said have you set the tape input on the menu's to use the multi chan in?

Still having problems.Now have sound but no picture.Using analogue connections and have video setting DVD assigned to DVD-A setting in advanced menu.HDMI connected from XA1 to AV9 DVD,other HDMI connections ok.Satisfied that there is nothing wrong with equipment.I am obviously doing something wrong.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am increasingly frustrated that I not getting the use of the XA1.

Try selecting the video and audio inputs separately on the AV9.

Video Connection: Tape HDMI
Audio Connection: Multichannel Audio

Select “Main Menu 1” on the AV9 (by briefly pressing the MENU button)
Next cursor down to “Audio Input” and set it to “Multichannel Audio”.
Lastly goto “Video Input” and set it to “Tape”

You should now be able to see and hear the output from the HD-DVD player

Problem solved,thanks to all who responded.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom