1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam AV8 P7 interconnects

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by flamingoboo, Aug 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. flamingoboo

flamingoboo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, I am about to purchase an Arcam AV8 P7 combo and just wanted to know what interconnects you guys use and at what price level. In my hifi system I use chord signatures and have been told that these would be good for my home cinema setup, but at £4,000 for the four pairs required its just a bit too much. I have also been told by another dealer that even though the AV8 P7 is more expensive than my hi fi, that home cinema amps do not require interconnects of such a high standard and have been told that chord chorus would be ok.

What should I be considering when thinking about purchasing interconnects for the AV8 P7?

I do not want to spend a fortune, but also want to get the best performance out of my equipment.

I am thinking of buying either b&w 803's or pmc ob1's with their relative stablemates.

What interconnects do you guys use and also what speaker cable?

Also what experiences have people had with mains cables with the AV8 P7?

(1) should I upgrade the mains cable?
    (2) If I do should I spend about a hundred pounds on each?
    (3) should I spend more, say £300 on each reflecting the price of the equipment.

I know that this is super tweaky but has anybody also had any experiences of using stands and supports or feet with the AV8 P7? Or are they so well built that it makes no real difference.

Many Thanks for your help.

This hobby has become very expensive very quickly!!!

2. flamingoboo

flamingoboo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry I meant £2000 for the four pairs not £4000, but still an awful lot of anybody's money!!!

3. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I use chord chorus for the front and centre channels and Chord cobra for the rears. Why don't you ask your dealer if they will loan you some interconnects and see if you can hear any difference with the more expensive cables. I think my dealer was using Nordost when I had the demo but they are pretty expensive too.

4. flamingoboo

flamingoboo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anybody else? What speaker cables do you guys use as these will be going in the walls.

Tracey, why did you choose the chorus, was it based on price and did you hear anything else and how did they compare?

Am I right in the premise that interconnects are not that critical with home cinema.