Arcam AV41 into McIntosh Amp not playing out of rear speakers

TRZArcam

Novice Member
Reaction score
Was hoping someone on this Forum may have an idea where my issue stems from. I have had an Arcam AV41 and McIntosh MC257 going into 7 speakers (fronts, center, rears and heights, plus two subs. Great sound for movies, but it seems like I'm not getting sounds out of the rears. I've gone through Roku and an Apple TV into YouTube trying various Atmos, 5.1 and 7.1 sound tests. When those push sound to the rear speakers, left rear comes out of my front left speaker and right rear comes out of my front right speaker. I've looked throughout the manual, tried adjusting settings and am stumped. I'm using XLR cables out of the Arcam into the McIntosh the only change I made to regular speaker inputs is putting the surround left and right to height 1 and 2 for Atmos (I understand non-atmos will come out as 5.1). I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Did you run the AV test tones ok, did the test tones for the levels come out the correct rear speakers to indicate your connections between Arcam AV and amp are in the correct sockets the Arcam end?

Thanks for your reply. Test tones are all going to correct speakers. I even switched the XLR’s going to the rears to the front outs to see if the rears would play. They do. When I play a YouTube 5.1 or 7.1 surround test, rear speakers sounds keep come out of fronts. I’ve been playing with Arcam settings and so far can’t find what the issue could be. Also, had Best Buy set up Dirac and they were able to take levels on each speaker. Dirac set on or off, nothing playing out of the rears still persists.

I would imagine it's a Youtube compatibility issue then, does it do it with other sources, Blueray etc?

Was hoping someone on this Forum may have an idea where my issue stems from. I have had an Arcam AV41 and McIntosh MC257 going into 7 speakers (fronts, center, rears and heights, plus two subs. Great sound for movies, but it seems like I'm not getting sounds out of the rears. I've gone through Roku and an Apple TV into YouTube trying various Atmos, 5.1 and 7.1 sound tests. When those push sound to the rear speakers, left rear comes out of my front left speaker and right rear comes out of my front right speaker. I've looked throughout the manual, tried adjusting settings and am stumped. I'm using XLR cables out of the Arcam into the McIntosh the only change I made to regular speaker inputs is putting the surround left and right to height 1 and 2 for Atmos (I understand non-atmos will come out as 5.1). I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Can you post pictures of your settings in the speaker config menu? I'm using my HDMI 2.1 AV40 with a Roku and speaker mapping is good.

Also maybe worth seeing what the Youtube audio signal is and what mixer you're using or cycling through a few to see if that has any influence, i.e. if you're listening DTS but upmixing to Aura / ATMOS etc?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom