Arcam AV40 HDMI Out Switching

The Carlton Kid

Novice Member
I am thinking of possibly getting this Arcam but having had problems with HDMI out in the past I am trying to find out if this will work with my setup. I have a Samsung QLED 85" and an Epson EH-TW9400 projector in the same room. I went right upmarket and for just 1 week owned a Lyndorf MP60. Unfortunately the Lyndorf outputs video on both outputs at the same time but with my TV and projector I could only get a picture if both were switched on at the same time. I have a Yamaha RX-A3080 which works simply because there is a button on the remote that switches the HDMI outputs so the one being used can be turned off. I also have a Marantz AV8805 and can also turn off the output not being used and this is the only way I can get a picture.

The real question is, is it possible to individually select the HDMI outputs of the Arcam AV40 ? If not I am back to square 1 with no picture when using 2 of the HDMI outputs.

I have considered getting a HD Fury Vertex 2 if there is no simple solution to HDMI output control

Any ideas ? cheers guys

Krobar

There are remote control codes to select the HDMI output but no button for this on the included remote:
Select HDMI Out 1
Select HDMI Out 2
Select HDMI Out 1 & 2

Maybe check in the owners thread but I suspect a Harmony remote will have these buttons and you can also change this settings using the control web page.

Last edited:

The Carlton Kid

Novice Member
There are remote control codes to select the HDMI output but no button for this on the included remote:
Select HDMI Out 1
Select HDMI Out 2
Select HDMI Out 1 & 2

Maybe check in the owners thread but I suspect a Harmony remote will have these buttons and you can also change this settings using the control web page.
I do have a Harmony Remote so maybe that will do it. Very little info online re the web interface.

Just need to be sure that HDMI outputs can be easily turned off when not in use.

Krobar

ArcamWebInt.png

This should show you what you need to know about the web interface (You just put the Arcam's IP into your Tablet/PC/Phone's web browser).

I don't use a Harmony but I suspect you can setup an AV40 with it and confirm the buttons are available without having an AV40.

The Carlton Kid

Novice Member
View attachment 1506349

This should show you what you need to know about the web interface (You just put the Arcam's IP into your Tablet/PC/Phone's web browser).

I don't use a Harmony but I suspect you can setup an AV40 with it and confirm the buttons are available without having an AV40.
Thank for the info. I need to look more in the Harmony but on the whole I use my ipad to control more than remotes. Looks like it can be done quite easily with the web interface.

I am just super cautious after all the problems trying to do this with the Lyngdorf MP60, it just could not be done and that cost £12k

Much appreciate the help with this.
Trevor

Krobar

Thank for the info. I need to look more in the Harmony but on the whole I use my ipad to control more than remotes. Looks like it can be done quite easily with the web interface.

I am just super cautious after all the problems trying to do this with the Lyngdorf MP60, it just could not be done and that cost £12k

Much appreciate the help with this.
Trevor

I don't think control will be the issue; what needs checking is if it does turn off the other HDMI output and behaves as expected when switching. There are a few projector and TV users on the AVS Arcam and SDP-55 threads so might be worth asking there.

The Carlton Kid

Novice Member
I don't think control will be the issue; what needs checking is if it does turn off the other HDMI output and behaves as expected when switching. There are a few projector and TV users on the AVS Arcam and SDP-55 threads so might be worth asking there.
Good point, yes the key is actually turning off the unused HDMI, if not its just not going to work. In the short time that I had the Lyngdorf the blame was put on everything except failings in the Lyngdorf design. 1st it was my HDMI Leads, then it was my Apple TV4k, and finally it was because my Epson was not a true 4k projector. Nothing left to blame, it went back

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom