Arcam Audio Modification in UK

Mark Antony

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Does anybody know of a good reputable company in the UK that does audio enhancements - by replacing components for an Arcam FMJ DVD27 or a Denon 5900, similar to the upgrades offered by Underwood's in the USA?

It seem's a shame to send a player half way round the world if there is a local alternative - and if I buy a new 5900 from underwoods it won't be able to play all my region 2/4 discs as it'll be set to region 1.

Thanks for your help

M

Mark,
The FMJ27 is multi region with a simple handset hack, is that what your question is asking?
Regards
John

Omiga audio does that kind of thing too, I think... :rolleyes:

I did stick a layer of Stillpoints ERS RF absortion under the lid of my FMJ DV27 + AudioPrism Isobearings supports, with some improvement, also, a better powercord, I use VDH Mainsstream, improves bass and dynamics noticeably... :smashin:

What makes you role your eyes, are omiga audio not very good, where are they based if they are ok?

I have updated the power cord and the player is on a lump of granite - but changing small basic components - such as underwoods do, should have a more pronounced impact!

I role my eyes because I am not sure they do it to the general public, but it wont hurt to e-mail them, they are in or around London...

They change clock, power supply, the lot, and I know they have done it to a DV27, even sujjested me to do it along with ERS, but I am happy with my minor tweaks... :smoke:

I can't find a company with that name in the uk :-( are you sure of the spelling/location?

M

Thank you!

Thats the last time I use the freeserve serach engine (which supposedly is run by google too!) I also tried yelll.co.uk!

M

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom