• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Arcam at Bristol Show

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
The ARCAM demo room at the show was very impressive I thought. They were showcasing the DV29, AV9 and P7 with a full range (Monitor Audios I think) speaker system and it sounded fantastic. Especially the Seal concert DVD clip. Picture quality through a projecter looked excellent as well.

In general though the quality of HD clips playing was poor I thought, especially the Sky HD boys, full of pixelation, blockiness and motion artifacts. If that's an accurate representation of what's coming from Sky then be prepared not to be impressed, although it is better than what we have now.

Ian.

Greggles

Established Member
Ian_S said:
The ARCAM demo room at the show was very impressive I thought. They were showcasing the DV29, AV9 and P7 with a full range (Monitor Audios I think) speaker system and it sounded fantastic. Especially the Seal concert DVD clip. Picture quality through a projecter looked excellent as well.

I agree (PCM speakers actually) and can't wait to upgrade my AV8 to AV9 spec. 8 weeks away according to the Arcam guy.

One of the biggest disappointments for me was the Meridian Demo. Their latest state of the art DVD play with Farouja upscaling to 1080p played through an equaly state of the art projector on the a high quality screen - Not that impressed. As for the sound quality played through about £80,000 worth of digital active speakers - Powerful (as you would expect) but slightly tinny?! All in all, I was more impressed with the new KEF 3005 (super egg) system in the room opposite. £1000 for a 5.1 speaker sytem including quite an impressive little sub, bearing a close resemblance to a B&W PV1 (half the power but half the price).

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom