• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Arcam Alto Speakers - Alternatives

milanlad

Standard Member
I was looking at the Arcam Alto speakers for use in a smaller/medium room with arcam amplification, possibily a subwoofer.

I wanted to know about, and try, alternatives to the Alto speakers. Size has to be similar or smaller, and price range approx £400.

I'm always interested in a more neutral sound, clean and warmish sound.

Any suggestions appreciated.

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
I'll get in early and suggest you hunt down the new JM Lab Chorus 706v or if you can stretch the 806v. They were demoed at the Bristol show using Arcam gear and sounded absolutely fantastic. Mid/treble in particular was a cut above the usuals at this price and finish is first rate.

Also the ATC SCM7s are worth a look although less forgiving of poor recordings/source/amplification. They are the proverbial magnifying glass though and probly a touch dry for some tastes.

Russell

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
Within your budget, the Dynaudio Audience 42's are a cracking speaker for £400, outperforming most, if not all, floorstanders up to the £600ish mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom