Arcam Alpha MCD Remote Replacement

DavidDon

Novice Member
Hi, first time on this Forum so hope someone can help me or can suggest where to look please? I have just bought an Arcam MCD cd player & need to find a replacement remote control (CR60) I have done a fair amount of 'web searching' but no luck yet. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Pretty much all Arcam remotes work with all Arcam gear, or so my 30 odd years of buying their stuff suggests. I would look on ebay for any Arcam remote that has the right buttons and not worry about the model number.

EDIT: I just googled it and it seems the CR60 has unusual buttons due to it being for a multi disc player. So it may not be as easy as I first suggested if you want to be able to switch discs by remote.

The Alpha MCD does appear to be in the Logitech Harmony device list though so if you can find a cheap, second hand, basic Harmony remote you might be able to use that.

Last edited:

password1

Distinguished Member
My Cambridge Audio remotes work with my Arcam amps.

The remote for my LED mood lights works with my CA cd/dvd player.

I also using it for my Marantz cd player I used to have because the Cambridge Audio remotes have an eject button but the supplied Marantz remote doesn't.

Just try other remotes and see if it works. If you have a Xiaomi phone with an IR blaster they also work.

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
. If you have a Xiaomi phone with an IR blaster they also work.

I know this is a bit off topic but how do they work? Is there and app with some sort of device database or do you programme the phone itself or perhaps teach from an existing remote?

password1

Distinguished Member
I know this is a bit off topic but how do they work? Is there and app with some sort of device database or do you programme the phone itself or perhaps teach from an existing remote?
No need to download any app.

Its Xiaomi's own interface. Just hit the remote icon. There is a list of brands to select to control anything from TV, air con unit, avr, etc.

There is an IR (infra red) transmitter thing at the top of the phone.

IMG_20220411_191738.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom