Arcam Alpha 9 Pre Amp and 9P Power Amp Combo

Simon1963

Novice Member
I have an Arcam Alpha 9 Pre Amp and 9P Power Amp Combo I’m hoping to sell as I upgraded several years ago; however after trying to review options there doesn’t seem to be any similar set ups I can locate on the ‘net’, so no real idea of price and the best options. Keen to learn what my best options are so any advice appreciated?

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Is it the 9C pre-amp? If so that's pretty rare which might help with the price. Assuming no faults I think you should get upwards of £300 for the pair.

Simon1963

Novice Member
Thanks Timmy, it’s the 9C and 9P combo and in superb condition, but no remote. Can you advise the best place to sell? I’m a bit of a novice so could appreciate some advice. Is it best to put it on e bay or similar or take it into a local audio shop?

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Local audio shop will probably offer you 50-60% of the market price as they will need to check it out and the make profit. Have a look on eBay sold items for price or hifi shark site. The classified section on here is worth a go or Facebook marketplace seems to be gaining popularity, there are no fees there but may have higher probability of chancers.

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Classifieds on here are the safest bet usually although the 9C may fetch more on ebay. It was believed by some, including my old hifi dealer, to be better than the pre-amp section in the Alpha 10 and given how rare they are, you might be lucky and get a bidding war for it should you find there are a couple of people looking for one. They should both sell very easily so I wouldn't bother selling to a dealer for a fraction of what you could get for them elsewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom