1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARCAM ALPHA 8SE CD Player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by milanlad, Oct 2, 2004.

Tags:
  1. milanlad

milanlad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know what the 2nd hand value is for a Arcam Alpha 8 SE CD Player in Perfect condition?

Thanks

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Around £200-250 for a good example. Depends really on who's interested? Seen them go for as low as £160 on ebay.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    and I've seen them go on eBay for as much as £300 :eek:
    It really depends on how many of them are up for grabs when you bid. If there are several (and there often are) then the price should be lower as the number of bids are spread across more auctions.
    For some reason Arcam gear, even the very old stuff, seems to go for silly money on eBay. But I think people are starting to learn and the bidders are learning not to pay over the odds. Good news if buying, not so good if selling though.

Mark.

4. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    I saw one go under the hammer at £350! However, as stated they normally go for around the £200 mark.

If only. People seem to have gone mad recently with silly prices being won across the board. People paying over the odds was featured as an "Ebay whinge" on a few threads over at the "chat area". :D

I don't mind paying, or receiving a fair price, but things are getting silly when bidders are paying more than the high steet value - for goods with no warranty!! I mean, why? :mad: