1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arcam alpha 8r sterio abilities vs 3802 reciever info please

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by mick23, Jan 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all i currently have denon 3802 ,cdm1nts , arcam cd73t money is tight , i have in the past tried cyrus cd7,arcam a85 , unico hybrid , have spotted arcam alpha 8r at moorgate accoustics 2nd hand ap[prox £170,

i would like the facility of av/pro option of which the alpha appears to have, also mm phono stage which i find is "**** poor on 3802" and if possible headphone socket?? cannot find a manual for this amp online.

not too sure if the alpha8 would be a (step up in sterio performance ) over the 3802 ,

in reallity i know i should have a better quality amp to suite cdms but funds just do not allow for this option.

views please thank you

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    I have the exact same setup (except the speakers) that you mention and yes the Arcam Alpha 8r does make a huge improvement for stereo.
    The 8r does have a headphone socket and a mm phono stage but am unable to say how good it is as I only have a cheap (no very cheap) record deck.
    IMHO the 8r is well worth going for in terms of "step up in sterio performance". £170 for the amp though sound a lot to me. I paid that for the 8r & 8p together, but this was a private sale with no warrenty.

Mark.

3. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks mark will check prices on 2nd hand arcams.