Arcam Alpha 10 versus A32 - compare/contrast

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by kapuscinski, Mar 14, 2006.

Tags:
  1. kapuscinski

kapuscinski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had the experience of listening to both of these integrateds? I'm torn between buying a $500 Alpha 10 or a $1500 A32, both used. Can anybody compare and contrast what they've heard with these amp? I've read everthing there is online,... stereophile said the inside of the A22 was a "spitting image" of the Alpha 10. Keep in mind I'm only interested in listening to them in stereo.... Well pitch in if you can.

Thanks everybody,
    Chris

2. booktrunk

booktrunk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The 10 / A22 were pretty much the same thing as far as I understand, but the A32 is a different beast from what I read in reviews.

If you can get a chance listen to both. I had an A22 and loved it.

steff

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Never heard an A32 properly but I'm willing to bet it's nowhere near three times better than an Alpha 10!

4. kapuscinski

kapuscinski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to find out I guess,... I bought both(God I'm retarded,....). I'll have them back to back for abit and see what happens. The A32 is 3x's the price, and I doubt it's even one and a half times better,...I'm thinking maybe 1.1 or 1.2x's better. Plus the Alpha won't lose any more value (as long as the bolts don't fall off it). So before I've even listened to it,...anybody want an A32 (hahaa).

Over and out,...

PS - the new price in CDN $ for this A32 (w DAVE) is $5000??? Who are they kidding??? How do these pp stay in business??

http://emerald-audio.com/ar_pric.htm -check this out....