Question Arcam Alpha 10 Dave or Arcam AVR250

timah89

Standard Member
Reaction score
So I currently have a arcam Alpha 10 with Dave module as my lounge system but have also just bought a avr250, original intention was to put the avr250 on the conservatory with my 'summer' setup but I am now considering replacing the alpha 10 instead. Question is which is the better unit?

Trust in your own ears - much better than random opinions

I agree that my ears will decide the outcome but was hoping for a bit if feedback and key differences before I strip out the alpha 10 only to realise that the avr250 is no match from the get go.

A bit more info is required .
What does the 'summer' setup consist of? speakers, sources etc?
what will be the main use of the amp - music, tv or both?

The key difference is one is a AVR and the other is a stereo amp and typically, a AVR will cost on avg 3x the cost of a equivalent performing stereo amp.
Arcams AVRs are known to have very good stereo performance in term for music, especially their higher classed AVRs . Not sure how the Alpha 10 and the AVR250 compare in that but If music is the main priority then the alpha 10 is my thinking. However if you are happy with the 250 stereo performance , then the 250 (due to it available digital inputs, which most tv's audio output are and other possible devices), is probably the one to look at.

But you will only know what is what once you hear them. All other answers, including my own, are just opinions, as said by Larkone, but it does help to know what they will be working with and the main use of it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom