Question Arcam Airdac review

SimpleCheese

Hi Guys,

How are the experiences with the software used for Arcam Airdac? is it well developed and bug free? what should be improved or added? is it quick?

in the reviews on internet you only read about sound and built quality but they don't write about the software, and as I'm thinking of Airdac to replace my SimpleAudio Roomplayer you may understand I have no need for buggy software ;-)

Cheers!

corban

I have just got one of these myself and set it up last night and am using it to stream tidal via airplay through my arcam 380 and monitor audio gold GS60's. So far i am very happy with the sound and have had no issues at all with setup or playing music through this.

DodgyTactics

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

How are the experiences with the software used for Arcam Airdac? is it well developed and bug free? what should be improved or added? is it quick?

in the reviews on internet you only read about sound and built quality but they don't write about the software, and as I'm thinking of Airdac to replace my SimpleAudio Roomplayer you may understand I have no need for buggy software ;-)

Cheers!
When you say "software", I take it that you mean the Arcam "MusicLife" app for iPhone, iPad, etc.
After a bit of a shaky start, it is now up to version 1.1.3 and it's pretty good. I use it to play music tracks (FLAC and mp3) from my WD MyCloud NAS drive.
Apparently there is no software as such in the AirDAC itself as it is purely hardware device (this is what I have been told by Arcam). I suppose there must be some software/firmware to control the web-based configuration screen, but that's it as far as I can see.
Anyway the sound is excellent and I can thoroughly recommend it.

SimpleCheese

Thanks for the feedback and my apologies for the late reply.. I think i''ll take one for Christmas :p

SimpleCheese

took the Plunge and am quite happy with the Airdac! does not sounds as engaging as the SimpleAudio Roomplayer but still very very enjoyable! the Arcam App works like it should without any hick ups so that's a major improvement compared to SimpleAudio. Unfortunately the Tidal service is not build in in the Arcam App, so have been using that on Airplay with Tidal's own app. in terms of Sound Quality I'm happy, but the Tidal app is quite slow on my iphone 6+ and Ipad2. all in all I think the Arcam Airdac is great addition to my system!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom