1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam A85-some technical advice needed

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Bob Mitchum, Mar 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Bob Mitchum

Bob Mitchum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased an Arcam A85. Just need answers to these 2 questions. if anyone can help. Regarding the fixed gain, I have set it to 69(which is quite high as 72 is the highest gain level), to match with the rest of the speakers which are connected to my AV amp. Will this cause a problem? Will it lead to the A85 cutting out?

Finally, when you go into customizing settings and go into tone controls-it gives you the option to personalise each tone setting or leave it to a global setting. If you leave it on global setting and do not put on the tone button on the fascia does that mean you are listening in source direct which I want?:lesson: :lesson: :smoke:

Equipment: Arcam A85, CD92, Yam630, B&W CDM1NT,CDMCNT,Mission 701, Paradigm PR8

2. hazard

hazard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No that should be fine. The signal going into the A85 will be fairly low level so unless you also have your AV amp at full volume it won't have to work too hard. I have been using a setup like this for a year at least and the A85 never even gets warm.

If the tone light is out, the tone circuits are switched out so yes, it's "source direct"...

3. Bob Mitchum

Bob Mitchum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Hazard. Now, I'll just sit back and enjoy