Arcam A85 or A90 Amplifier vs naim Nait 5i

MykhailoM

Novice Member
Hi, Is anyone has experience or heard any difference in overall sound presentation for Arcam A85 or A90 in comparison to Naim Nait 5i?

I currently have Naim Nait 5i amplifier with Arcam CD82. Was thinking to change Naim to Arcam Amplifier especially for Diva P90.

Any input highly appreciated.

sounddog

It may help people if you also mention your speakers, source and describe the room...

MykhailoM

Novice Member
Hi fellow audiophiles,

My speakers and room etc are here : 2013-09-14

Speakers (self-made by myself)

Mid-Bass driver: Goodmans 12” (manufactured in 1938) pressed paper.
Mid driver and Tweeter from KEF CARA (1998) pressed paper for Mid bass and fabric tweeter.

Interconnects: Self-made, Speaker cables Audioquest 6.

sounddog

Can I suggest you first try to get that large cabinet out from between the speakers.

sounddog

Out of interest... Is there something particular you are looking to improve on? The Arcam would be more of a sideways step than up (or down) IMO.

MykhailoM

Novice Member
I also thought that way as you said in this particular situation. My goal it to come closer to original sound that we can hear while listening to music life, I know it is a big step to be able to feel an authentic drum or guitar etc. I wanted to improve on overall instruments experience specifically in drum instrument feels like lower end is not that vivid as I know it should be. I think the real step here probably it to rebuild my speakers. The current design should of been made with bigger volume or litters for Mid Bass drivers that way it should contribute towards the low end. :) If I will have time tomorrow, I will do some modifications in crossovers and add thicker pure copper wires for signal path. :)

spl23

The general view seems to be that Naim amps have a fairly forward, exciting sound, while Arcam amps tend to be warmer and less upfront. If what you are looking for is accuracy of reproduction, Naim probably has the edge over Arcam, so changing your Naim will probably not do what you are after.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom