1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam A75 Being Replaced?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rOAdeh, Sep 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just been browsing the Arcam site and noticed that the a75 integrated amp page has gone awol :eek: yet both the a65 and a85 remain?

However there is also a page regarding the a80 which i didn't even know existed? It shares the same aesthetics as the 8x series however so i'm not sure if this is meant as a more budget version of the a85 or as a more costly version of the a75 :confused:

Also noticed that the cd72 is being replaced by the cd73 so is this a general replacement of all the 7x range?

Anyone got any info on any of this? If there's a imminent replacement in the works i may well put off demoing a budget hifi setup for uni...

Cheers,

rOAdeh

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The A75Plus is discontinued. The A80, son of the A85 if you like, is the effective replacement - a bit more expensive but a much better amplifier overall (IMO). The A65Plus continues and there are no plans at this time to replace it.

The CD62 and 72 are replaced by the CD73. The CD82 and 93 are current for this upcoming season.

So with that in mind, including some close out bargains on the A75 and CD62/72, please go ahead with confidence and get your Arcam system for University!

John Dawson (Arcam)