1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam A65+CD73t Monitor Audio Silver6s what interconnects?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Yards, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Yards

Yards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I would like to get some feed back on the Kimber Interconnects KS1021
    I have had a listen with these on my Arcam system A65 + CD73t
    and Monitor Audio Silver 6s and they sound fantastic
    excellent with the mid and high end and plenty of detail in the sound
    stage and still retains a lot of detail in the base.
    Amazing with acoustics and vocals, but when it comes to playing rock or indie
    music something happens, it almost lacks a little get up and go, its hard to explain I think it could possibly be my amp not having enough power or could it be the interconnects.
    (or is it the laid back sound of the Arcam system)

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers Yards

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    The Arcam DiVA sound is fairly laid back but also the A65+ is woefully inadequate to drive the Silver S6s properly. I would recommend adding a P80 power amp as a minimum to bi-amp the speakers but realistically replacing the A65+ with the A90 would be the best option and would sound great bi-amping with a P90 added on on the future. Which dealer sold you the A65+ to drive the S6S? They should be ashamed of themselves.

3. Yards

Yards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mistake, brought the Arcam system at a reduced price while on holiday in Edinburgh, not knowing alot about hifi, I was talked into the system by a salesman at James Morrow, after reading a few positive reviews and having a brief listen thought it would be a good choice . After getting the system home back to New Zealand I set about matching it up with a set of the silver 6s from MA. I have realised my mistake with the power output of the amp, but my budget is restricting on my next purchased as I have just brought a house and am a bit strapped for cash. Do you think the P80 is a good option or the A80? What would be more beneficial, or have the most impact as a I can only afford one item at present.
    Your feedback would be great as your knowledge in this area seems extensive.

Cheers Nick

4. Snello

Snello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yards,
    I've heard the MA S6's at Soundline in Auckland driven by a Plinius 9200 (200W/ch) and they just sounded fantastic. We then swapped in a Plinius 9100 (120W/ch) and the sound really closed in - nowhere near the bass control nor the soundstage as with the bigger amp. Although reasonably efficient MA's seem to really benefit from more power (I know I've got MA GR10's that I'm trying to purchase an Arcam A32 at a good price to power them). I know Eastern HiFi in Auckland had some Arcam A85's on run-out at NZ$2k (normally $3.5k) which would be a better match for your S6's.

Good luck.