1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam A65, A75, A85

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hazard, Aug 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. hazard

hazard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

While reading about the A85 I notice it has a fixed level input feature, i.e. different inputs can be set to different volume levels, perfect for use as the front two channels of an A/V setup if you don't to be fiddling with volume controls when switching between movies and music.

Does anyone know if this feature is unique to the A85 or is it present on all three amps in the range?

Thanks
    Fergus

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    There is an AV processor input on the A75+, but I don't think there's one on the A65+.

3. LeighM

LeighM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only the A85 has the ability to set the levels for each input, the A75 does have the AV processor although I'm not 100% sure what this does, on the A65 the levels are all fixed.

4. hazard

hazard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the info

Fergus

5. PJONG

PJONG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes both the older A75 and the A75+ have the AV processor feature, I'm using it with a Yam AV receiver.

Basically it takes the Yam as a normal input and fixes the gain on the signal and bypasses its own volume control so that the Yam becomes the master control, extremely useful, no messing around balancing two volumes everytime you want to watch a movie.

It's not the best in class in terms of 2 channel use though, but it's a lot better than the stereo performance of the Yam (plus I got a good deal on it).

If you can stetch to the A85, I would go for that, it's a big step up from the 75 in performance and can now be found for as little as £625 these days (try Billy Vee)

6. hazard

hazard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers PJONG

Way ahead of you, I ordered the A85 today :)

Have to wait a while for it to arrive in the local dealer but I have a new CD72T to play with in the meantime...

Credit card is roasting today!!