• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Arcam A32 with CD192

JonnyBingham

How would people rate the above if used with the Monitor Audio BR2s? Can the MAs give a good account of themselves when partnered with more high end electronics, or would I need more powerful, perhaps less 'coloured' speakers to make that Arcam combo sound anything near it's potential?
As you can see I'm new to this hi-fi terminology, hence my '' round coloured!
Many thanks, Jonny

Last edited:

JonnyBingham

Also, do people consider the mentioned Arcam combination a step up in performance from the Marantz PM6002 and Marantz CD6002 CD Player? Obviously it depends on people's opinion of the signature Arcam and Marantz sounds, but I was hoping that the Arcam combo would offer plenty of detail but really make music come alive without any hint of dullness.

JonnyBingham

anyone?

JonnyBingham

Feedback seems muted, I need to get opinions quickly in order to make a decision before an offer I've seen ends

scrufftyguy

I know it doesn't help you mutch but is there any way you can get to audition your kit? It really is the best way to find out!

You could also try asking on the Arcam owners forum you might get a bit more help there!

Good luck! :smashin:

CJROSS

Also, do people consider the mentioned Arcam combination a step up in performance from the Marantz PM6002 and Marantz CD6002 CD Player? Obviously it depends on people's opinion of the signature Arcam and Marantz sounds, but I was hoping that the Arcam combo would offer plenty of detail but really make music come alive without any hint of dullness.

The A32/CD192 are a league above the marantz gear, but your speakers are a limiting factor, you'd need to spend £700+ on speakers to her what the Arcams are capable of. BR2s fine as they are - at the end of the day they are £200 speakers, hifi systems log jams to me are nealry always speaker based.

JonnyBingham

Cheers, that's helpful. I'm guessing it would be a different story if I was looking at something more like the Ruark Sabre IIIs or PMC DB1i, (which are incidentally much more expensive!)?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom