1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam A22/A32 owners question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by UrbanT, Sep 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
    Was trying to test some interconnects last night from a CD23 to an A22. As the CD23 has 2 sets of outputs, 2 sets of cables were connected to the A22 (one to CD input, not sure which input for the other)

Now only had a few minutes to test at the time, but when using the remote to flick inputs, the screen on the A22 changed to indicate the input had been changed, but there was no drop in sound.

Why is this is a problem? On any amp I have tried a similar test, changing inputs naturally drops the sound for a fraction whilst changing. This didn't. Not even a slight sound indication that inputs had changed. There was absolutely no discernable change in the tone of the cables which sort of leads me to believe that the A22 had locked onto the one input even though the screen appeared to be changing inputs.

Is this correct? Anyone able to test or confirm any of this. Many thanks for any help

2. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    I too have a CD23 and A22. I just tried exactly what you described with 2 pairs of interconnects from a CD23 going to the A22. One pair is connected to the 'CD' input, and the other to 'DVD'. I tried switching between inputs with the remote control and each time there's a faint 'blip' for a fraction of a second- enough of an interruption to tell me there's been a change of inputs. Now I'll have to sit down and try hard to tell the difference between the 2 interconnects!

3. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
    Thanks m8e, thats very helpful :smashin:

4. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    A daft suggestion but leave one channel unplugged so when you change inputs you will loose a channel and confirm that the amp is behaving.

5. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
    Yep, I thought about that one afterwards to. Trouble is it took so much effort to unplug everything in the cabiney that I don't think we will be trying again :)