1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arcam 9 amp & mission 752f.

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by A.C.E, Oct 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. A.C.E

A.C.E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've just sold my mordaunt short ms30i's and bought some mission 752 freedoms in immaculate condition for £250.
    i'm going to run these with an arcam 9amp, with a 7 cd.

the question is, is this a good combination, or will it be beneficial to get hold of a 9p to bi-amp. (i've tried to get a 9p before, but people are asking silly money!)
    also, is it worth upgrading the cd player to anything like the 8se?( dont really want to vear away from arcam, i like the sound!)

ta for the replies in advance.

2. A.C.E

A.C.E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone?

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    It's well worth getting a 9p to bi-amp with. If you have any cash left you could also consider a 9c pre amp and run the alpha 9/9p as power amps. I believe it has a switch to run it in power amp mode bypassing the volume/tone controls. An upgrade from the alpha 7 cd will also make a worthwhile difference. If you're looking to buy second hand then I think you can now pick up alpha 9's at good prices.

In case you're wondering, I started with a 290 amp (basically an alpha 9) then added a 290p followed by a 9c pre amp, alpha 9 cd and ran Mission 752fs so I'm speaking from experience!

4. A.C.E

A.C.E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks timmy for the info.
    mucho appreciated :)

5. A.C.E

A.C.E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got the 752f;'s today, and must say, they are excellent!!

even for an older speaker, the build and sound quality are superb.

just looking forward to tomorrow when i get my 9P delivered(found one at last!)

ta all, A.C.E :):):)