1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam 7SE problem

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Ixon, Jul 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Ixon

Ixon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi I've just bought a second hand Arcam 7SE of a mate pretty cheap. The reason I got it cheap is that on certain tracks on some CD's the Arcam make's a kind of whistling sound which is really annoying. Does anybody know how to cure this problem.

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi Ixon -

Arcam customer support can fix this for you - call 01223 203203 in office hours to arrange its return.

It is a Sony transport problem and almost certainly quite easy and not too expensive to put right. If under 2 years old it from date of first purchase it will be under warranty (you'll need a proper receipt) - if not it will be chargeable.

HTH.

Sincerely,

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. Ixon

Ixon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks John but the actual CD player is around 3 years old so I was just wondering what kind of price I would be looking at to fix the Sony transport.

4. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi Ixon -

I have been looking into this on your behalf and for this problem we would expect to charge about £35 to fix it, including return freight to you. You have to send the unit freight prepaid and suitably insured to us - please try to use the original packing to avoid damage in transit. Please call customer services to set things up - 01223 203203 as I quoted earlier.

Sincerely,

John Dawson (Arcam)