Arcam 7 cd player dead as a dodo.

bernard1973

Hi

I've got an arcam 7 thats seen very little use. Suddenly all the lights have gone out. I've checked the plug and internal fuses and all are ok.

Has anyone got any ideas, or failing that, can anyone reccomend somewhere to get it fixed in the North East of England?

Cheers

bernard

rozzar

i'd imagine he means a digital multimeter (or a Fluke if you're posh :clap: )

Basically, plug it in, using a circuit breaker as you don't want to fry yourself...health and safety always :lesson: , track the current from the mains input and see if you can see where the problem is. Could be the transformer if you say you've checked that all the fuses are ok (check them on a multimeter in case you've just visually inspected them :smashin: ).

It'll either be the transformer or a dry solder joint somewhere.

Bear in mind
a) most nutters will pay even fairly ok money for dead Arcam stuff- probably £30 if you're lucky
b) if its not a 7se its not really worth more than £80 or so anyway

bernard1973

i'd imagine he means a digital multimeter (or a Fluke if you're posh :clap: )

Basically, plug it in, using a circuit breaker as you don't want to fry yourself...health and safety always :lesson: , track the current from the mains input and see if you can see where the problem is. Could be the transformer if you say you've checked that all the fuses are ok (check them on a multimeter in case you've just visually inspected them :smashin: ).

It'll either be the transformer or a dry solder joint somewhere.

Bear in mind
a) most nutters will pay even fairly ok money for dead Arcam stuff- probably £30 if you're lucky
b) if its not a 7se its not really worth more than £80 or so anyway

Cheers - I bought one a few months ago from Aldi so I'll give it a go.
I know it's not worth much but it seems a shame to bin it as it's like new, and sounds ok (to my ears anyway!).

alexs2

Distinguished Member
FWIW...this may well be worth placing in the Arcam section,where there are plenty of people who may be able to help,Incl. John Dawson from Arcam.

rozzar

Cheers - I bought one a few months ago from Aldi so I'll give it a go.
I know it's not worth much but it seems a shame to bin it as it's like new, and sounds ok (to my ears anyway!).

don't bin it!
I GUARANTEE someone will buy it off you on that famous auction site...you'll get £10+ for the remote alone!

zanash

Standard Member
sorry been busy !

if you have a dmm [digital multi meter] you can check to see if your getting power from the transformer ....but only if you know what your doing !

don't just go pocking about....

if you dmm has a continuity setting ..check the fuses... wall plug, cdp iec socket, and internal ones. For starters..

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom