Arcam 250 or Rotel RSX 1056

B

Bampy

New to this forum, so I hope I,m on the right one, if not could you direct me.

Basic question, which of the two amps would you buy, I have about £1000 to spend and after reading lots of material I have come down to these two.

Had a demo at a shop, anyone have any comments?

:hiya: :lease:

What did you think of the two from the demo, did you take your own material so you could see what they would sound like with stuff you will be using it with?

Yes I took my own stuff and there was not a lot of difference between the two, I'm thinking more of future proofing and upgrades.

If i'm correct then those two recievers are more musicaly oriented and a little light on features. If your concerned with upgradability ect, then it may be worth looking into the pre-pro side of things. It will be more expensive initialy, but the upgrade path is alot easier.

Otherwise if there is not much in it go for which ever one you can get cheaper or like the look of. Remeber that Arcam is British though, if your swayed by such things.

Bampy said:
Yes I took my own stuff and there was not a lot of difference between the two, I'm thinking more of future proofing and upgrades.

Then the Arcam would be severely handicapped by having no pre-outs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom