1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam 10p trigger problem!

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Timmy C, Nov 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I've just connected the trigger out on my C30 to the trig.in on a 10p and then the same from there to another 10p but when I switch on the C30 only one of the 10ps switch on! I've tried swapping cables and the order of the amps but nothing helps. Is there a way to activate the trigger inputs or is one of mine just faulty? Lost the manual so can't find out!

Cheers

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    When you swap them round is it the amp closest to the C30 that comes on. Or does the same amp come on whatever way round they are daisy chained?

If it si the same amp every time it looks like the one that doesn't come on is faulty. If they swap over then it looks like for some reason the daisy chain is not working.

If the daisy chain is not working you could try a Y cable instead of daisy chaining the amps. The C30 is over current protected so you shouldn't be able to damage it even if it does try to draw to much current.

Regards,
    Andrew

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    It's always the same amp that won't come on. However if I connect the ouput on the 'faulty' 10p to the in on the other 10p and turn the first one on using the button on the front then the second one also comes on so the trigger out must be working but not the trigger in. Does that make any sense?

If it is faulty am I looking at an expensive repair cost? Having just bought the C30 along with a DV27A I'm pretty short of cash right now!

4. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I can't really say as it depends on why its not working. If it is just a bad conection then it will be fairly cheap. If the microcontroller port that reads the trigger has failed then it would be more expensive. Try contacting customer services they may have a better idea of the cost.

Regards,
    Andrew