Arca AV unit

The Machman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, :hiya:
Has anyone bought an Arca product recently?

I am thinking of purchasing a 300 series unit and putting a Sony 32" crt on top.
I read after searching the forum, I see that last year saw Arca being released from the parent company (the name escapes me) and that quality may now be a concern. Is this true? Any comments on the product would be appreciated.

Cheers Mark

my neighbour has just bought an Arca "Nuevo" av200 - very nice!it looks very smart in the walnut finish, not seen any quality issues with it.

Do you know what he has put on the top of it if anything?
I have spoken to Arca direct and cant get an answer on the top max weight, although speaking with AVLAND they said there would be no problem with the Sony on top. Not that I dont believe them, just it would be nice to get it 100% rather than suffering a banana unit in a few months time.

they have a 42" plasma on top of it. i can't see you having any problems with your tv - i wouldn't worry putting my tv on it and i have a 36" crt!

i to have a 200 in walnut great quality !!

speak to av sales they supplied mine

jason

I have a 400 (I think it is) There's no problem with weight as dts-boy said. I've had a 28" on it and will sometime have a 50" plasma on it. I'm sure there is weight info...have you tried av-sales web site?

They really did screw up the delivery for me though. One of the panels was incorrect and it took about a week to sort it out - (with my HC kit and cabinet all over the floor for that time :( ) they sent me 3 panels before they sent the right one...some people just don't listen.

It does look rather nice and everyone that comes into the house comments how nice it looks :)

I am so rich that I use some cheap wooden shelves that groan and bevel under thw weight of my stuff!

Beat that :D

Cheers for all the help chaps. :thumbsup:
I never heard back from Arca who said they would let me know what the weight limit was :thumbsdow
So now its just who to order it from. JUS did you order the solid doors and if so do you use an IR sensor to control the bits behind the doors?

AVland reckons a three week wait, however they said that the last one they ordered was with the customer within a week.

gearguy - using shelves is obviously why you are so rich :D

Yep. I have solid doors...with the speaker cloth on the centre panel for my centre speaker.

I use a pyrimind I bought years ago from letsautomate.com. Works a treat :)

Oh yea, I bought from av-sales...I buy most of my kit from them now. Really great pre & post sales service. Ask them the question. I'm sure they'll help. Andy and Haydn are great. :thumbsup:

Here's a link to the poweremids for controlling your kit. I bought mine about 5 years ago. The design has changed but they're made by the same company. Let's automate are another great company for service.

http://www.letsautomate.com/10952.cfm?

I have one next to my TV which controlls the sky+http://www.letsautomate.com/10952.cfm?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom