ARC stopped working - Sony TV & AVR

helvetica

Having a setup issue.
TV: Sony Bravia KD55XE8596
AVR: Sony STR-DN1040

Not sure if this is a TV issue or an AVR issue. TV suddenly won’t send sound to AVR (has worked perfectly for the last 3 years). It’s linked through the ARC HDMI so it can control the AVR through Sony’s ‘home theatre control’, but suddenly the TV doesn’t recognise the AVR.

The AVR itself works perfectly if I’m watching on my Apple TV, or PS4. Sound and vision is perfect.

I’m assuming it’s the ARC feature that has failed on the TV, or the HDMI out on the AVR. I bought a labgear 48gbps HDMI cable in case the cable has failed, but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions on if and hire it could be solved? Really don’t need to be shopping for new gear right now!

TV: Sony Bravia KD55XE8596
AVR: Sony STR-DN1040

Bolosun

Mine did this a couple of days ago. Powered everything off at the mains for 30 seconds, switched back on, and all working.

aalba6675

Novice Member
Once my TV(LG) "forgot" to assign ARC to the onboard apps/DVB-T2 and there was no sound; one hack is to plug an HDMI source(streaming stick, blu-ray player whatever) into the TV and switch to that input. If that works then switch back to the onboard apps/DVB-T2.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom