ARC Problem?

av_101

Hi all,

I have the Marantz SR7011 receiver and i am using ARC for TV audio from my Samsung TV, all has been working perfectly.

This week i added a Google tv box to my set up and connected it via HDMI, now my TV audio doesnt work, the TV is defaulting back to its TV speakers.

If i disconnect the Google box TV ARC works again I have tried different HDMI inputs from Google box to the SR7011 but i get the same issue, has anyone seen this issue or can suggest a fix other than ditch ARC and use Optical from the TV to Amp?

Thanks in advance

dante01

Distinguished Member
Try turning HDMI Control OFF onboard the Google TV box. What is the TV box connected to, the TV or the AV receiver? Also why not try setting the TV back to the HDMI ARC configuration after the Google box causes the TV to set its speakers to TV?

av_101

Hi dante01,

Its connected to the AV Receiver, i have tried setting the TV back to AV Speakers but that doesnt fix the problem, there's still no sound.

Do you mean turn HDMI Control off on the AV Receiver?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Do you mean turn HDMI Control off on the AV Receiver?
No. HDMI Control has to be turned on within the AVR's HDMI settings and Anynet+ has to be turned on onboard the TV for ARC to work. If the Google box has an HDMI Control setting then try turning that off.

av_101

I should say, as soon as i unplug the HDMI to the AV receiver from the Google box TV ARC works, as i say i tried HDMI 2 and 5 on the AV receiver but when its plug in TV ARC stops working....

Top Bottom