ARC Problem with Yamaha Receiver- SOLVED for PANASONIC VIERA + YAMAHA RX v475!

mnsld2

Standard Member
ARC Problem with Yamaha Receiver- SOLVED for PANASONIC VIERA + RX v475!

I have been having the same problem since the beginning. I have Panasonic smart TV viera. Hooked up to Yamaha RX v475. TV has ARC HDMI.
It was working fine for past couple of years but suddenly it stopped working since past few days. I believe it happened cos I went on a vacation and turn all the electronics off/ plug pulled. On my return, rest everything seemed working fine except for the apps on the TV (no sound from any app- youtube/netflix or shoutcast radio... nothing!).
Quick google threw me to this page. I just found the solution so I thought might share as well-

I am not sure if it work for every other TV and yamaha combination- but it worked for Panasonic viera-Yamaha rx v475. Make sure you have Viera Link ON.
-I simply switched off the Yamaha receiver and un-plugged it from power supply (my TV was on meanwhile).
-After 15-30 sec I simply plugged in the receiver and turned it on. On plugging in, receiver turned ON and give time to boot it completely.
-Now in Yamaha receiver- if you turn off the receiver independently (using avr's remote or direct power), the audio output changes to TV. Atleast that's what happens to my TV-AVR system. In that case, before witching to smart TV apps or Netflix, first I go into Viera Link from "Apps", and switch the TV Audio output to "HOME THEATER". Doing this, syncs TV audio to AVR via ARC.
- Now try running Netflix or any other av app on your TV, it should be in sync with Yamaha.
It worked for me all the time. Hope that helps!

Pete B

Novice Member
Thanks mnsld2. Had a similar problem with my Panasonic Viera and Yamaha RX-V583 - had to manually switch the HDMI Control off and back on again every time to get the TV to speak to the recorder.

Been doing this since last December and trying loads of other solutions which didn't work, until I found your post about half an hour ago! Huge thanks for restoring sound and sanity.

Cheers, Pete.

mnsld2

Standard Member
Thanks mnsld2. Had a similar problem with my Panasonic Viera and Yamaha RX-V583 - had to manually switch the HDMI Control off and back on again every time to get the TV to speak to the recorder.

Been doing this since last December and trying loads of other solutions which didn't work, until I found your post about half an hour ago! Huge thanks for restoring sound and sanity.

Cheers, Pete.
Glad I could help.
Happy music listening and watching movies.
cheers.

LTSmash

Novice Member
-Now in Yamaha receiver- if you turn off the receiver independently (using avr's remote or direct power), the audio output changes to TV. Atleast that's what happens to my TV-AVR system. In that case, before witching to smart TV apps or Netflix, first I go into Viera Link from "Apps", and switch the TV Audio output to "HOME THEATER". Doing this, syncs TV audio to AVR via ARC.

This was amazing - spent an hour trying to sync my Panasonic OLED to the receiver and the above setting resolved it.

Never would've found it otherwise. thank-you again!

kryton85

Just had same issue after a power cut. Often reverts back to tv speakers if turned off at the wall but option was not coming up this time and just saying not supported. Turned off the yamaha for 30 seconds and came back to life. Thanks for the heads up

newavfan

Since upgrading from Yamaha Rx 3020 (2013) to a6a, I have been getting similar ARC issue with my Panny oled, every couple of weeks.
Sometimes solved by turning arc off then on in TV, then restarting. Other times it needs mains unplugging of both TV& AVR & restarting.
Today, reading old advice on a US forum, I have, in the AVR, changed the “HDMI standby through” from Auto to on, as this solves the problem in some systems. Let’s see!

BTW, the A6A is a fantastic upgrade for me...as you would hope. The soundfield is clear, detailed & with the upward firing Elac pair, sitting on my front Kef L/R, extends from floor to ceiling.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom