• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ARC over Cat5 ??

Glenn Uk

Established Member
Hi all

wonder if anyone can assist, we have a tv and amp both with arc capability, if i understand correctly this allows the sound signal to be re-directed to the amp from a source displayed on the tv.

In my case the amp will be located remotely from the Tv and the hdmi connection will be over Cat5.

Most of the sources will be located adjacent to the amp except the ps3.

i was curious to know if the sound from the ps3 could be re-directed to the amp via the ARc capbility/over the Cat5?

any help greatfully appteciated.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

Glenn Uk

Established Member

Glenn Uk

Established Member
Looks like my problem has been solved, I was not sure if the PS3 would be playable form the lounge with it being located in another room and was trying to find ways to 'make' it work for all operations ie game play and BR plus full 5.1.

I have just carried out a test and the PS3 and controllers communicate fine when one is in the office and the other in the lounge, final test will be when i put it in the AV cabinet. At least i know that the range is ok now and that even despite having to go round a couple of corners the signal is getting through ok.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom