• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ARC on SKY+HD/XBOX/Bose

K

knight0989

Hey guys, my sky install is coming tomorrow :rotfl:

I have a quick question about the ARC on my panasonic 42ST31.

I have a XBOX and a bose companion 3 to connect up.

Therefore, will the SKY+HD support ARC? and will the XBOX, when connected to a normal HDMI, send its audio through the ARC connected SKY+HD?

I shall be connecting the bose companion 3 into the SKY phono out.

So will that work? So that everything will come out of the bose, that are connected to the SKY's phono out!

Thanks!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
There is no general rule that applies here - most ARC enabled TV's will only output the TV's internal Tuner via its ARC enabled HDMI socket.

Some TV’s may also Output external Sources connected to the TV via HDMI Inputs via the TV's ARC HDMI socket - time to read the TV manual.

Where a TV does Output external sources via ARC you may also find it only Outputs a 2.0 'stereo' signal and also keep in mind some Source devices (such as SKY+ HD) only support 2.0 'stereo' via HDMI and require you to use an Optical cable for DD 5.1.

We have just designed/launched a New 4x1 HDMI + Optical + ARC switch that may be a better option for you - first stock is due next week.

Media Factory - Octava HD41-ARC-UK, HDMI + Optical + ARC switch

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Sorry scratch all that - your Bose system only has a couple of Stereo Inputs so ARC is a Red Herring in your system.

If the TV has a Stereo audio out and External Sources connected to the TV (via HDMI) are Output via those sockets then connect the TV Stereo Out to one of the Stereo Input’s on the Bose and forget about ARC it’s not relevant to you.

Joe

PS If you’re stuck with only having an HDMI cable to/from the TV we have a new 1x1 ARC Audio Processor in the pipeline!

K

knight0989

I want to be able to control the bose volume from the sky remote. So thats why I am trying to get it working through sky.

When connecting the bose directly to the TV, you cant adjust the output volume from the TV remote, only the TV's internal speakers.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Then purchase a Programmable Remote that can control all of the devices - ARC is not a solution for Universal volume control!

Joe

K

knight0989

I wish it was that simple mate, the bose isnt really designed for use on a TV. So doesnt have a remote at all. Only a physical control attached to the unit!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom